Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Summer Reading...

Wow I can't believe it's almost summer! Crazy! I havn't thought at all about what I want to read this summer, I usually just find new books as I go, but I guess I will think of some now. One book that I am interested in reading is one called Swimming to Antartica, by Lynne Cox, because I have heard from a few people that it is a very interesting read. It is a true story about a woman who swam all over the world in extreme conditions. She swam in The Cape of Good Hope in Africa, where she was surrounded by sharks, and even in Antartica, the most freezing waters on earth. I think this would be a good read because it is very exciting and hard to imagine. It scares me to even think about swimming in shark infested waters, and I admire her courage and determination.

Another book I am interested in reading this summer is Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte. I have heard that this is a great story from every person who I have ever talked to about it, and I think I will try reading it again. I tried to read it a while ago, but I didn't have enough time to get past the the boring parts. Also, I read the fantastic book Jane Eyre last year, and it's by Emily Bronte's sister, so since I really enjoyed reading that I think I will enjoy Wuthering Heights as well. These are just two of the many books I hope to read this summer. I can't wait until it's finally summer!

1 comment:

  1. If you possibly had a SUMMER reading choice, WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE A CLASSIC HARD TO READ REQUIRING THINKING BOOK???

    ReplyDelete