I have definitely learned a lot about essay writing this year. What I really feel I learned the most about this year is the structure of essays, I feel that I have really accomplished good essay structure this year. Am I a good essayist? Well, I definitely know what a good essay is like, and what it should contain. I think I pretty thoroughly understand literary analysis, all of the figurative language, symbolism, motifs, and themes, but sometimes it is challenging to get a grasp on what exactly the author means by including that literary elaboration. But overall, my essay writing skills have improved greatly throughout the year.
This essay has been the most difficult essay for me the whole year, for a few reasons. One is that it is a very difficult book to relate to, since the characters are so far-fetched and unrealistic. I think I have gotten a grasp on my essay now, though it took awhile. I think the thing that could get me a B on this essay is probably my conclusion. I know that Romeo and Juliet is important to modern culture, but I don't really understand why. Maybe it is because people like things that are so exaggerated that it is obvious what the theme was meant to be. And the theme is pretty obvious, that people will do almost anything to get that feeling known as love. This book is very dramatic, but it gets its point across. So that has been the most difficult part for me. But other then that I am fairly satisfied with my essay. I still have a lot to learn about essays, but I've come a long ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice job. I agree with what you were saying about the novel, the cahracters are a little far fetched and unrealistic. But, then a gain, that's part of the reason why this is such a timeless novel. You show thorough understanding of the novel even through your blog writing! Great job!
ReplyDeleteFrom me. VERY nice job...this essay was the hardest for me too! I don't know why. It's just disconnected from my life, lame and pointless. but other than that...just yeah. I will have fun proof reading your essay! hehe
ReplyDeleteI definately agree with you. This essay has been the most challenging. Maybe Romeo and Juliet is important in modern culture because it represents the fact tha people want the things that they can't have. Anywho, great job! :]
ReplyDeleteI though that this essay was one of the eiseir ones, but i can understand why you found it difficult. I think that the play is so important to modern culture because it offers some very valuble life lessons to adults and to younger people such as: 1. Don't try to stop someone from loving another person.
ReplyDelete2. Don't let fate take over. Take control of your own life.
3.Don't kill yourself over something so easily, wait it out and see if things get better.