Some of the best advice I have ever been given is something that my mom told me in second grade. My best friend and I had been fighting for a while, and I came home almost every day upset about what had happened at school, asking my mom what I should do about it. One day after school I was describing the events of the fight that day, and how horrible it had all been. My mom listened patiently to what I had to say, and then she told me to "let it go, and move on". I wasn't satisfied with this answer at all, I wanted the problem to be solved, and I wanted the last word.
It wasn't until a few years later when I realized the importance of this advice. It is important that you don't hold onto things forever, eventually you have to just let it go in order to move on with your life. Carrying worries and grudges with you everywhere burdens you and weighs you down, making it harder for you to move on. This simple piece of advice helps me almost every day of my life, and I am so glad I was taught this lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow! this is almost the same lesson my mom had told me. Its very helpful to think about now! :)
ReplyDelete