Monday, January 4, 2010

My New Years Resolution

Over the past few weeks, I have thought carefully about what I would like to change about my life in this new year. I came up with many possible resolutions that I could focus on, but the one that really stuck with me was to not be judgemental of people. I have a bad habit of judging people before I have gotten to know them. I often say something like "I don't like that person" even though I have never spoken to them. This is a terrible fault of mine and needs to be changed if I want to get anywhere in life.

Bad habits are easily started, and are much more difficult to end. I don't know when I began harshly judging people, but it was not a good habit to start. Basically what I would like to accomplish this year is looking at the good things in people, not focusing on the bad things about them. To start, when I first see someone, even if my first impression of them isn't good, I will try to not say anything rude about them, and wait until I have gotten to know them before I form an opinion. I hope that by next year I will be much more excepting and open minded about people.

No comments:

Post a Comment